Sunday 30 November 2008

Obvious.

Well. First off let me say,
I hate how weather or stress or people sneezing around you can make you ill...because I developed a cold last weekend and it was just...a bad cold on tuesday. But on wednesday :o I actually couldn't be bothered to move lol, because I knew I didn't Have to, I had no motivation at all.
Therefore...I missed the bloody martin parr talk :|
The one photographer who I have been researching since I was at high school.
And now I have a cough that sounds like a cross between a barking dog and someone whose been smoking about 30 a day for the past 30 years.

Anyway! :D Moan over...


2 Images off google...how crap am I? But I like them!

I love Parr's style of documetary photography; the colour and simplicity make them interesting to look at and they do actually document something.
His collection "Think of England" is so funny and true. More to the extent of how people "percieve" england...Tea, seaside, socks and sandals etc lol.

If I had one direct brief like 'produce images that sum up how people percieve england' I would hope that I would approach it in a similar way to Parr.

Woo.x

No comments: